Friday, July 21, 2006

Asking for details...Business Beginnings

After much thought and consideration, I decided to just try to make the packaging. I set to work on my Word file to get the perfect clip art. I ended up settling on a few cute hearts. The perfect font was next. Quickly, I was able to develop something much more unique than I expected. I anticipated this might be especially challenging, but as you can see it came out quite good. I blacked out the names just to keep the privacy.

I was pretty happy with my packaging results. The next thing I needed to get were molds. I did a ton of searching online and finally settled on business card size chocolate molds. They were the perfect size to put all the text information onto and also large enough to be considered a good size chocolate piece. The total cost ended up around $32, which isn't too bad.

After making my sample though, without the mold (thats still on the way), I decided to email Amy and ask her how many bars she actually needed. Last time she gave me a roundabout figure of 300. I wanted to be sure it wasnt going to be less. So I outlined a bunch of questions on Monday and sent it away. I also invited her to come over to my home this Sunday to view a sample of my efforts. She hasn't yet responded... More later...


Free Counter by Pliner.Net
singles, shopping, search, classifieds