Friday, July 21, 2006

The Cocoa Saga *Part VII* A curious mutation

"Sonia, I think we should be interviewing some of the other villagers," Samuel said impatiently as I took the new species sampling from one end of the lab to the other.

"Listen, interviewing a person is variable. You cannot be sure of the probability that they will be telling us exactly what we need to hear," I said as I adjusted the sampling under the clinical machinery. "However, in science, there are times when the probability is simply undeniable."

"What?" Samuel seemed like he didn't understand me at all.

"Look," I said impatiently, "I think we have a better chance of figuring this out if we just do more tests."

Samuel looked unconvinced. The journalistic side of him was emerging. "I am going to go and hold interviews in about five minutes," he said as he gathered his things to leave the lab.

"Why five minutes?" I asked without looking up from the sampling.

"Because I will at least give you the courtesy of having the option to join me." Just as Samuel ended his sentence I saw the analysis report printing in the printer.

I picked up the freshly printed still warm page and began a quick scan. Something immediately caught my eye.

"Samuel, you'd better sit down for this," I said as I leaned onto the counter. "You're not going to believe this."

"What is it?" He walked back into the room closer to me.

"This specimen produces 4 times the amount of cocoa butter an average cacao tree produces!"

To be continued....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Counter by Pliner.Net
singles, shopping, search, classifieds