Friday, July 21, 2006

An unexpected email - Business beginnings

I haven't quite begun my part-time gourmet chocolate making business for a variety of reasons. First of all, I don't have any customers. No customers, no business. In all fairness though, I have done no advertising and have done nothing to even properly begin.

In fact, I lack many essentials to running a business, from machinery to all related equipment and inventory. I have been hitting bumps in the road when it comes to writing my business plan too. A big part of my problem is the lack of capital I have to start. Also know as 'seed money', this $$ can help me begin without worrying about the essentials.

Anyway, I'll get back to the nitty gritty a little later. A week ago I got an email from a friend of a friend who had heard I was graduating as a Professional Chocolatier back in November. 'Amy' as I will call her, asked me if I was in the 'business of chocolate making' via email.

I responded yes, and soon after she replied telling me she wanted chocolates made for her engagement party in September but cannot find what she wants at an affordable price. She then left a number to call her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Counter by Pliner.Net
singles, shopping, search, classifieds